Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Have you thanked a soldier today?

Many things have sparked this inspiration. I'm a marine brat, meaning I'm the daughter of a marine. I have the outmost respect for any person who has decided to join the military and raise the stacks of them giving their own life for millions of people whom they don't know. I went and saw the movie, "Acts of Valor," it is based on a true story about a group of navy seals who became a family and gave it all to protect America and everyone in it. I am also a college student and today in one of my classes we watched clips that had greatly affected and influenced American lives. One of them was on 9/11 and it brought back a flood of emotions: anger, sorrow, pain, and hope. The media has a tendency to focus on dramatic situations that bring controversy and negativity, but on that tragic day the media brought Americans together as nation for the first time in years. If you know a veteran or a soldier please be grateful and thank them for their services. What many people don't take seriously is that there are soldiers fighting and giving their lives to protect America and everyone in it, in case you think otherwise that includes you. Soldiers give it all, they leave their families at home and fight for our families whom they don't even know. I think that is pretty awesome. To the many soldiers I know and love and to those I've never met, I appreciate you and am grateful for your service.

No comments:

Post a Comment