Monday, April 23, 2012

I have been set free

The blood has been paid
and the chains have been broken,
I am finally free of
the power held over me.

In those final days that darkness reigned,
I prayed for someone to rescue me,
Jesus answered my prayer,
and took my place for me.

With scarred hands and a hole in His side,
He reached out His hand and said "You are free."

I took His hand only to feel His gentle embrace,
I fell to my knees, thankful for grace.
As I wept in His arms, He comforted me.

He spoke with compassion as He exclaimed, "My child, you are free."
Undeserved of His love and mercy, I am.
His one request was to make disciples of Him.

I tell you a story of love.
Of one who took my place,
so that I could live.

My battle was fought,
my Jesus paid the price for me.

Darkness has no hold over me,
for the blood of the Lamb set me free.




No comments:

Post a Comment