Monday, April 23, 2012

Where I'm From

Day 2, part 2: Write a poem about where you are from.

I'm from the sweet smell
of the strong, roaring ocean,
From squishing my toes into the sand
and riding those waves to shore,








From hot mashed potatoes and gravy,
bacon sizzling in the season pan,
pumpkin pie served in a nice cool breeze,

From "Because I said so that's why,"
to "Beggars can't be choosers"

From the old oak tree house,
where many battles were fought,
A box of books filled with faded faces,
and reminisced memories,

From that old rope swing,
where I'd fly like wonder woman through the wind,















That old dog ran as fast as a lightening bolt
when our door bell would ring,














From the know-it-alls to the hand-me-downs,
Saturday garage sales and seven eleven slurpees,

Riding on a briefcase in my grandpa's old red chevy,
I was on top of the world.

I'm from the sweet smell of the strong, roaring ocean,
watching the sun set over the water that never ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment