Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tattoos

I have recently been asked many questions about my tattoos and what they mean to me. Currently, I have two of them, one on my right foot and one on my left shoulder. The one on my foot was drawn by a beautiful girl named Polly. We were at a church camp and I had told her my testimony. Polly is an incredible artist. Later that day she had been giving our girls tattoos in sharpie. She asked if I wanted one and what I wanted. I told her whatever she thought fit me. She drew the word beautiful on my foot. That word applies a lot to my life. I do not think that I am the most beautiful thing ever made believe me. I have had a struggle with my appearance and self esteem since I was little. It is an everyday reminder that I am beautiful. It goes further than that, I am reminded that no matter what life brings me I am blessed. Life is beautiful. My second tattoo is on my shoulder and it says faith is within me. I saw something like this online and loved it. I drew out my own design of it and had it done. My faith has pulled me out of the muck and comforted my brokenness when I've hit rock bottom. I say faith is within me because it comes from my soul. The dandelion represents the beauty of life. Dandelions are commonly passed over as ugly and weeds; it reminded me as to how I view life sometimes. When life looks dim and ugly remember that although a storm might be hovering; life is still beautiful. There are four birds going from little to big. These represent my four siblings. I have two older brothers and two younger sisters. The only thing that connects me and my siblings is our faith. It is within me just as it is within them.

No comments:

Post a Comment